I could go on and on about being broken. It seems that there are times in my life where I have felt broken beyond repair and then God shows up. I have grown a lot in the past couple of years, though I am often unable to see it until people point it out. I am reminded of Jeremiah's vision about God molding us on His potter's wheel every day. He uses the same broken, marred pot to make something beautiful, and He just keeps working on us. And then I am reminded of this verse:
My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
Psalm 51:17
I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that He loves us, brokenness and all. I want SO BADLY to be able to fix myself, and I've tried for years! I am addicted to alcohol and relationships and my own brokenness so much so that it is hard to let go of these things and just let Him remake me. Healing is more painful than sitting in my own dung (because at least I'm used to it). I want to be more positive but try from my own strength. I want to start admitting my brokenness to the Lord. I want to tell Him that I don't have it altogether. That's humility, and it's the only way He's going to be able to really "fix" me.
Check out Five Minute Friday and join this dynamic group of women to share your writing!
http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/
Yes! I know what that feels like; the temptation to try to fix things yourself. And the temptation to stay where you are because moving is way too painful sometimes. But I think acknowledging that He takes the brokenness and makes it whole again, & that He cares, & seeking Him-knowing that He cares about you specifically... those things are what truly matters. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. :)
ReplyDelete