Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Poem About Surrender

I must have written this last year, and I just found it in my notebook. I believe that poetry is meant to be shared, so here it is:

"Holed up inside myself,
Fears of abandonment
Hurting my health.
Choking back tears
To numb the pain,
Desiring sleep
As means of escape.
I feel trapped in this,
Pleading the fifth.
I don't know how
To do this relationship.
Covering wounds
With see-through tape.
Enclosing this heart
Behind steel grates.
Can't let you in.
I want you to know what's wrong
But I can't win.
I feel my sins from the past
Creeping up close, touching my nose,
Making me feel like
I'll never know
The love of a man
'Cause of all that I've done.
I'm feeling so bad
Like the enemy's won.
And then I can see You
Holding out Your hand,
Pleading for my heart,
Waiting for my stand.
I'm letting you into
No-man's land."

No comments:

Post a Comment