Today's Prompt: In Between
GO
I'm in that awkward phase of life where marriage is terrifying and I am no longer a child but not yet an adult. Technically, I am an adult because I'm over 18, but it's scary to think about new responsibilities (like myself) at this phase. I was able to get by with acting like a child and then I turned 25 and realized I'm old and can't make excuses any more. And the in between phases are always weird. They say that puberty is the most awkward time and maybe that's true but this is definitely the most painfully aware I have ever been of my brokenness. My friend reminded me today that we have to go through the hard part before we get to the good part - it's kind of like eating an avocado or a pineapple. And I haven't been writing but have instead been expressing my frustrations to God in a sloppy sort of "I-can't-do-this-without-You-anymore" kind of way. The in-betweens are painful because I thrive on extremes and don't know what life would be without the drama. God is teaching me how to be present in each moment and remember Him throughout the day - He who gave me life and my thoughts and overwhelming emotions. It is easier to spend time with Him in the morning and at the end of the day - the middle part gets hard when I get caught up in things and myself and listen to the spoonfuls of lies that the enemy feeds me slowly and then all at once until I'm full of arrogance and uncertainty.
STOP
http://lisajobaker.com/
Hi there! Loved reading your post...you are not alone in how you feel! So glad you are writing with this community of women.
ReplyDeleteGoing from one stage of life to another really is difficult. But you've already learned the secret: "I-can't-do-this-without-You-anymore."
ReplyDeleteWithout Him we can do nothing. The sooner we learn that, the better off we will be!